We’ll be working on our systems this weekend – so if you’re looking to get a quote or use My Account, you’ll need to do so before 6pm on Friday. We’ll still be available for new claims and we’ll be back online by Monday morning.
How can we help you?

I take frequent trips to the European Union. Do I need to request a Green Card for each journey?

If you are taking frequent trips to the European Union then we would advise you request a Green Card which will cover you for all of the trips you would like to make up to your renewal date, rather than requesting a Green Card for each journey. Remember you will have to apply for a new Green Card for any future trips when you renew your policy.

Your General Accident policy will provide you with comprehensive cover in the European Union for a total of 180 days during your policy year. No single trip can last longer than 90 days. If you exceed these limits your current motor insurance will continue to provide the legal minimum motor insurance (third party cover only) for travel to EEA countries.

If this article wasn't useful try searching again:
Couldn't find the answer you were looking for?
Contact us
Email is required!
Not valid email!
Something went wrong, please try again!
Email sent! Please allow a few minutes for the email to appear in your inbox.
Insurance is arranged by Aviva UK Digital Limited trading as General Accident. Registered in England No. 09766150. Registered Office: St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Policies are underwritten and administered by Aviva Insurance Limited. Registered in Scotland, No. 2116. Registered Office: Pitheavlis, Perth PH2 0NH. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.