Sorry to hear you’re thinking about cancelling your policy. It’s easiest to cancel your policy online using your My Account, otherwise we’ll have to charge you an administration fee.
To cancel, just follow the steps below:
- Log in to My Account
- Scroll down to "My policies" section
- Find insurance policy you wish to cancel and select "Cancel policy" (if your policy hasn’t started yet please make the effective date of cancellation’ the same date as your policy’s start date)
- Select your reason for cancellation from the drop down menu
- Click 'Cancel policy and surrender your insurance certificate'
What are the cancellation fees?
- If you cancel before your policy start date you'll receive a full refund.
- Cancel within 14 days from your policy start date you'll be charged a £25 (plus Insurance Premium Tax where applicable) cancellation fee as well as a pro-rata fee for the time you've been covered.
- Cancel more than 14 days from your policy start date you'll be charged a £50 (plus Insurance Premium Tax where applicable) cancellation fee as well as a pro-rata fee for the time you've been covered.
- For more details on our cancellation terms and conditions please refer to the 'General Conditions' section of your policy document.
How can I cancel a policy if the policyholder has passed away?
- We're very sorry to hear that the policyholder of one of our policies has passed away. Our thoughts are with you and your family.
- We can cancel the policy in question, but we first need you to send us an email with a scanned copy or digital photo of the Death Certificate as an attachment to email@example.com.
- We'll then deal with your request as quickly as possible.
- We will not charge any cancellation fees.