How can we help you?

Can you contact my previous insurer to get my proof of No Claim Discount?

Sorry, but we can't get in touch with your previous insurer to get your proof of No Claim Discount (NCD) for you. The only way we can get hold of it is if you upload it.

You can find your proof of NCD by looking for your renewal invite or cancellation letter. If you still can't find it, you'll need to ask your previous insurer for a letter on headed paper to confirm your proof of NCD. Check that it:

  • is less than 2 years old
  • shows your name as the policyholder and is earned by you
  • shows the number of years NCD you are entitled to
  • shows your discount was earned on a private car (and not a company car, motorcycle or van)

You can see examples of the sort of documents we'll accept on our sample documents page.

If this article wasn't useful try searching again:
Couldn't find the answer you were looking for?
Contact us
Email is required!
Not valid email!
Something went wrong, please try again!
Email sent! Please allow a few minutes for the email to appear in your inbox.
Insurance is arranged by Aviva UK Digital Limited trading as General Accident. Registered in England No. 09766150. Registered Office: St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Policies are underwritten and administered by Aviva Insurance Limited. Registered in Scotland, No. 2116. Registered Office: Pitheavlis, Perth PH2 0NH. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.