How can we help you?

I can't find any documents showing my No claim discount. What should I do?

If you can’t find your renewal invite or cancellation letter as proof of your No claim discount (NCD), you'll need to ask your previous insurer for a letter on headed paper to confirm your proof of NCD. Check that it:

  • only be used on one vehicle at a time, so it must not be in use on any other car insurance policy
  • be from a policy that expired within the last 24 months
  • show discount earned on a private car and not a company car, classic car, motorcycle or van
  • show your car registration number
  • show your postcode
  • show your previous insurer's name
  • be in English
  • be issued by a UK or EU insurer, or an insurer from a country the DVLA includes in their license exchange scheme.


If this article wasn't useful try searching again:
Couldn't find the answer you were looking for?
Contact us
Email is required!
Not valid email!
Something went wrong, please try again!
Email sent! Please allow a few minutes for the email to appear in your inbox.