How can we help you?

What does 'excess' mean?

The ‘excess’ is the contribution you pay in the event of a claim.

The compulsory Comprehensive policy excess is a minimum of £50. The voluntary excess for a Comprehensive policy which applies in addition to this is up to you and can either be £0, £150, £250, £350, £450, £550, £650, £800 or £1050 (you can reduce your premium by agreeing to pay a higher excess, or opt for a lower excess and pay for a higher premium).These apply if your car is lost, stolen or damaged no matter how the loss or damage happened

This is also an additional young driver excess of £200 for drivers aged between 21 and 24 and £300 for those 17 to 20.

If your windscreen is damaged you’ll pay the first £25 towards repairs or £150 towards a replacement if you used an approved repairer.
If you have damaged glass that forms part of your car’s roof (including sunroofs and panoramic roofs), your vehicle excess will be payable.

The compulsory excess for Third Party Fire and Theft policies is a minimum of £250. There’s no voluntary excess available for this type of cover.

Windscreen cover is not available for Third Party Fire and Theft cover.

You can find out more information on checking your Policy Schedule, which you can download in the 'Documents' section of your My account.

If this article wasn't useful try searching again:
Couldn't find the answer you were looking for?
Contact us
Email is required!
Not valid email!
Something went wrong, please try again!
Email sent! Please allow a few minutes for the email to appear in your inbox.