The table below shows the differences in the standard Courtesy Car and the optional Hire car cover.
||Standard Courtesy Car
||Optional Hire Car
|Replacement car from one of our repairers for the duration of any repairs.
|Replacement car if yours is stolen up to a maximum of 21 days.
|Replacement car if yours is written of until another is made top settle the claim up to a maximum of 21 days.
For both the standard Courtesy Car and optional Hire Car, a standard car is a small 3 door, 1 litre hatchback and is subject to availability. Automatic cars can be supplied if the car being repaired is an automatic.
With the standard Courtesy Car:
A courtesy car is provided subject to availability to reduce your inconvenience and where possible ensure you remain mobile.
- A courtesy car will only be provided when your claim has been accepted and your car is repairable, and is being repaired by our approved repairer network.
- A courtesy car is typically a small three door hatchback car with an engine size of 1 litre.
- If your car is immobile or unroadworthy we aim to provide a courtesy car within one working day.
- Automatic courtesy cars can be supplied, providing the car being repaired is an automatic.
- We don't provide a courtesy car outside Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
- We don’t provide a courtesy car in the event your car is written off or stolen.
With the optional Hire Car cover:
If you select the Hire Car option, a replacement car is provided by one of our approved repairers and is
- available for the duration of any repairs and if your car is stolen or written off,
- we provide a hire car until an offer is made to settle the claim (up to a maximum of 21 days).
- designed to keep you mobile during the period of your claim, this option should satisfy the needs of most customers. A standard courtesy car is typically a small, 3 door, 1 litre hatchback model.