- Log into your My account (opens in a new window).
- Scroll down to "My policies" section
- Find insurance policy you wish to change and select "Change policy"
- Select 'Change car details and usage’
- On the next page make sure you enter the date you want the change to take place (Note: on the day you change your car, we’ll cover your existing car until you take ownership of your new one. You don’t need to tell us the time of the changeover).
- You do not need a cover note from your insurer when changing your car.
If you have purchased a brand new car, and this isn’t recognised automatically by our system, just scroll down the page and you’ll be able to enter the vehicle details manually.
If you’re not able to manually enter the new details, please allow up to five working days for our system to update with the new information from the DVLA. You should then be able to change your car over.
Unfortunately we can’t cover the following:
- Vans – we can only insure cars.
- Vehicles over 25 years old for Comprehensive cover and over 20 years old for Third-Party Fire & Theft cover.
- Vehicles worth £70k or more (worth £5,000 or less with Third Party Fire and Theft cover).
- Significant modifications - we’ll cover optional extras fitted by the manufacturer as new and declared in the car value (Comprehensive policies only) and modifications made solely in respect of a disability.