Sorry to hear you’re thinking about cancelling your policy. It’s easiest to cancel your policy online using your My Account, otherwise we’ll have to charge you an administration fee.
To cancel, just follow the steps below:
- Log in to My Account
- Scroll down to "My policies" section.
- Find the car insurance policy you wish to cancel and select "Cancel policy".
- On the next page please choose the date you want the cancellation to take place (if your policy hasn’t started yet please make the effective date of cancellation the same date as your policy’s start date).
- You'll then have the option to tell us why you're cancelling your policy.
- The next page details any cancellation fee or refund you owe/are due.
- Click to accept the Electronic declaration of Insurance Certificate Surrender.
- Now click on the "Cancel policy" button.
- You will now have cancelled your policy with us.
What are the cancellation fees?
- If you cancel before your policy start date you'll receive a full refund.
- Cancel within 14 days from your policy start date you'll be charged a £25 (plus Insurance Premium Tax where applicable) cancellation fee as well as a pro-rata fee for the time you've been covered.
- Cancel more than 14 days from your policy start date you'll be charged a £50 (plus Insurance Premium Tax where applicable) cancellation fee as well as a pro-rata fee for the time you've been covered.
- For more details on our cancellation terms and conditions please refer to the 'General Conditions' section of your policy document.
How can I cancel a policy if the policyholder has passed away?
We're very sorry to hear that the policyholder of one of our policies has passed away. Our thoughts are with you and your family.
Unfortunately we are not able to amend the policy holder or the main user of the vehicle on General Accident policies.
We can cancel the policy in question, but we first need you to send us an email via our contact us page of the website. Please click here to do so.
Please include the policy number, policy holder’s name, and your contact details (name and telephone number).
We may need to see a copy of the death certificate and a copy of the last will and testament showing the executor of the estate, so please have these to hand.
We will not charge any cancellation or administration fees as a result of this.
We appreciate your cooperation during this difficult time. One of our dedicated customer service experts will be in touch with you once we have received your email.